Friday, April 25, 2014

End of Course Reflection

While conducting research for the final paper for this class, I learned a lot of interesting things about the Crimean and Civil Wars that I did not know about before. I did not know much about the Crimean War especially, and I was appalled after doing the research about the conditions that the injured and sick British soldiers had to go through in the hospitals. I learned a lot about Civil War hospitals while reading the first book for this course, and after this paper I was able to tell the differences and similarities between the two wars and how they treated their soldiers. The main thing I took away from all the research I did for this final paper was that there were many similarities between the hospitals of both the wars; however, the Civil War doctors had an example to help improve their hospitals a lot quicker thanks to Florence Nightingale. I am glad I picked such a historic topic as this, and I am also glad that I learned a whole lot on the history of health care in the United States and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment